Eyelash Glue: How to Apply and How to Buy
Posted on February 05 2015
Wearing false eyelashes are a fun way to express your sexy, flirty side. They are also a great way to fill out thin lashes. One thing about lashes is that applying them can be a challenge if you don't know what type of glue to use (clear or dark) or how to best apply the glue. Below is a quick tutorial on how to choose the best eyelash glue along with how to apply your lashes so you are left looking stylish, bright-eyed and beautiful!
Picking Your Glue
Eyelash glue comes in either clear or dark. Making sure you choose the right color is important and it is also very easy to do.
- Clear goes on a white color but dries totally clear. It's perfect for beginners or to use with any colored or feathered lashes.
- Dark goes on dark and dries dark. It's good for pro's to use as an eyeliner or it is used to create an intense, dramatic look with dark lashes.
Best Ways to Apply Glue
Applying glue to your lashes can be a real challenge in the beginning. Which is why you want to make sure you have clear glue, it will be kind and hide most of your errors. Below are a few tips on how to apply the glue to save yourself some stress.
- Put a line of glue on your non-dominant hand. Then take your lashes and quickly run the side you will be sticking to your skin through the line to coat the lashes. Then, let them dry for 30-40 seconds to make sure the glue is tacky (it sticks better this way). Then gently apply the lashes.
- If you don't like the idea of getting lash glue on your hand then another way to apply glue to the lashes is to hold your lashes in one hand and the glue underneath the lashes. Why underneath? Because if you apply the glue by holding the glue over the lashes, you run the chance of a glue burst and glue getting all over your pretty lashes! By holding the glue under the lashes, gravity is working against you and therefore you won't get glue all over your new lashes.
- You can also uses brushes to brush the glue onto the lashes, this is also a good way to avoid the dreaded "glue burst" and to make sure you coat the lashes evenly with adhesive.
When you are applying your lashes, make sure you have the right glue for the job. If you are applying strip lashes (all one long strip of lashes) make sure you are using strip lash glue, if you are applying the types of lashes that are individual you need to make sure you are using individual lash glue. You do not want to mix these up as the individual glue is semi-permanent and is designed to adhere to your natural lashes not skin. Strip lash glue is easier to remove and is good for those times when you are just wearing lashes for a few hours.
There you have it! Some great tips for the type of glue to get and how to apply it. Now, go forth and enjoy your sexy new lashes!