New York fashion week recently came to a close, and left us very excited for some serious retail therapy come fall! The fall collections were bright, warm, dazzling, textured, and all-around breath-taking. Check out the top 7 trends that will be sure to heat up your cool fall days:
1. Orange. Eye-popping orange topped the trends at fashion week. This versatile color was found in a variety of different looks, from Victoria Beckham's pumpkin orange knee-length walking coat to Naeem Khan's flowing rusty ombre gown to Narciso Rodriguez's pale peach styles.
2. Fur. Luxury, luxury, luxury! Lavish furs were spotted all over fashion week, from small embellishments to head-to-knee coats fit for a queen. A Michael Kors fur coat topped the extravagant end of this trend, while Jason Wu used a more subtle approach with a touch of fur playing up a basic dress.
3. Embellishment. Sparkles and shimmer-every girl's best friend! It's no surprise that embellishment is one of the top trends from fashion week. Jenny Packham delivered a trademark dazzling dress full of sparkles, while Reem Acra added elaborate unique details to transform a sheer dress.
4. Feathers. Feathers took the runway by storm at fashion week. This fun trend delivered a number of unique looks. Marchesa used feathers in a strategic way to provide just enough cover to a sheer dress, Jenny Packham played deep blue material up with elegant peacock feathers, and Lela Rose went for a subtle touch of thin, wispy feathers along the skirt of a short dress (definitely the most wearable off the runway!!).
5. Pink. Pink is back! Once again, we are seeing pink everywhere, on head-to-toe ensembles and in shocking bright hues. Kate Spade turned heads with the use of a vivid bubblegum pink color, while Marissa Webb used pinks so pale they were almost white. The diversity of this color tells us one thing-there is a pink for everyone!
6. Asymmetrical. Asymmetrical hemlines promote extra movement, and there was no shortage of flowing skirts at fashion week. Reem Acra created a unique hemline in a beautiful red, sheer fabric that takes your breathe away, and Narciso Rodriguez showed us a classic look with an angled hemline and a flawless white fabric.
7. Fringe. Fringed scarves, fringed boots, fringed hemlines--it was all at fashion week. Fringe swings into the spotlight and brings loads of charm to fashion. A fringed dress from Marchesa is reminiscent of 1920s flapper styles while Ralph Lauren upgrades enhances a subtle look with a fringed scarf.