As with fashion, beauty trends are born on the Fashion Week runways of Paris and New York and there were some very definite new makeup techniques on display at this year's shows. Check out what high fashion models for designers like Yves Saint Laurent, Ralph Lauren, Christian Dior and more were wearing for an idea of the looks you'll be seeing on the streets this fall and winter ...
- The Dark Lip - Precision lining is the order of the day for the new dark lip seen on models for Rodarte, Dior and Marni.
- The Twiggy Lashes - Who could forget Twiggy's contribution to the '60s -- those huge long-lashed eyes and delicate pixie cut. The look was back in a big way on the runways of Carven, Christian Dior and Nina Ricci.
- Lacquered Lips and Shimmery Eyes - The newest dynamic duo was the glossy-lipped, shimmery eye pairing on the catwalk at Christian Dior, Peter Pilotto and Max Mara.
- Bluer than Blue Eyelids - If the ultra-blue eyes on Jill Stuart models are any indication, the blue eye shadow trend is destined to continue through the fall and early winter of 2016.
- Candy Apple Lips - The models on the Gucci runway looked polished and cool with their candy apple lips. The look requires a couple of layers of bright red lipstick and a brush, of course! Keep the rest of your makeup understated and let your lips take center stage.
- Copper Eyes - What better nod to autumn than coppery eyes? The models at Leonard showcased the look that will be everywhere this fall.
Follow the lead of the Hollywood elite, who, from their front row seats at the major fashion shows, follow the lead of the designers. You'll look au courant this fall!
Leave a comment