5 Tips You Must Follow When Trying Out New Beauty Products
Posted on May 18 2018
Have you been following the same beauty routine for years now? Maybe you saw your mother following this beauty routine. Or maybe you were introduced to it by your best friend. Either way, it stuck. But have you ever stopped to think whether it was the right beauty routine for you? Nowadays, there are numerous beauty products out there for various types of skin and hair. So it would be a good idea to try out some of them. But before you do so, make sure you read the following tips:
- Use Sparingly: A little goes a long way. Plus, remember that your skin has to adapt to any change, even if it's a good one. So give it some time to do this. Don't start overloading it with the new product or it may react badly.
- Be Gentle: When using any product, you have to be gentle with the skin. Don't apply and rub it in with the palm of your hand. Use the tips of your fingers instead. Use circular motions that will massage your skin. The more you pull your skin, the more it's likely to develop wrinkles, sagginess etc.
- Don't Combine Too Many Products: If you're just starting to use something new, start with one thing. Don't overload your face with a new face wash, cream, scrub and toner all at one go. First, let it adapt to one or two of the products, then introduce it to some more.
- Use the Right Product for Your Skin: If your skin is not very dry, go with a light cream or lotion. If your skin is very dry, then go with a concentrated cream or oil. If you have combination skin or sensitive skin, you'll need to do some research to make sure that you're picking the right product for your skin.
- Be Alert: You might have certain skin allergies that you are not aware of. You'll only find out after using the product. So be alert to any changes in your skin once you start using the product. Are you feeling any itchiness? Redness? Or any other kind of discoloration? If so, then stop using the product right away. Don't wait for your symptoms to get worse.
Photo credit PopSugar