How to Rock False Eyelashes on Your Wedding Day
Posted on June 28 2018
You've batted those eyelashes, said yes to forever, and now the biggest day of your life is approaching!
All brides want to look their best and false eyelashes are a great way to add a touch of glamour to your wedding day. However, there are definitely a few things you need to know before getting started. Here are three essential tips to help you rock false eyelashes as part of your bridal look.
Find The Perfect Pair
False eyelashes are sometimes associated with heavy, theatrical makeup. However, thanks to fashion gurus around the world, false eyelashes now come in a wide variety of styles. Light volume lashes provide a subtle, natural look while high volume lashes amp up the glamour. The varieties are endless! No matter your personal style, there is a set of false eyelashes designed to enhance the beauty of your love-filled eyes.
Take Them For a Test Run
The worst day to put on false eyelashes? The day of your wedding! Make sure you take your false eyelashes for a test run. Purchase them ahead of time and wear them for a full day. Ask yourself these questions:
- How do they feel? Are you constantly squinting, blinking, or touching your eyes? If so, they may not be the right pair for you.
- Does the eyelash glue react well with your skin? You don't want to get a surprise rash on your wedding day!
- Do they last all day? Weddings are jam-packed with joy...and things to do! You don't want anything dangling off your face at the end of the night.
- How do they photograph? False eyelashes can help make your wedding photographs look stunning. We suggest wearing a pair of false eyelashes during your bridal or engagement photo shoot to see how they look on camera.
- How do they work with your overall vision? Make sure to do a final test run with all the makeup you plan to wear on your wedding day. False eyelashes should work with, not against, your eyeliner, mascara, and other makeup essentials.
If you encounter problems, reach out to the Lotus Lash community for help!
Practice, Practice, Practice!
Fumbling to trim your false eyelashes? Getting eyelash glue on your hands? No bride wants to worry about these problems on her wedding day! That is why it is essential to practice ahead of time, whether you plan to apply them yourself or enlist your wedding squad's help. Check out our helpful guide on how to apply false eyelashes like a professional!
Brides, did we miss anything? Let us know your experience wearing false eyelashes on your wedding day!
Photo credit Gabriela Fraser Designs